Question by Mom of One in Wisconsin: Pink film in shower/tub? What is it and how do I get rid of it without harsh scrubbing?
I have this nasty stuff, probably from hard water, in my tub and shower. What’s the best way to get rid of it without having to break my back scrubbing? Also, is there any cleaner that I can use that isn’t toxic?
Answer by wordchooser
Its the beginning of mold or mildew (clorox) bleach is the best but don’t let it touch any chrome and don’t mix with ammonia EVER
If you keep your tub-shower area dry it is less likely to keep coming back After every shower use the hottest water and rinse all the walls, tub fixture and shower curtain(top to bottom) if you have a removable hand shower nozzle if not wipe it dry open windows keep it dry, Mildew grows from moisture
Add your own answer in the comments!